PRZYBOWKA: a village in Jaslo County (powiat), on the left bank fo the Wisloka, near the road from Frysztak (6 kilometers) to Krosno, lying in the valley leading in an eastern direction from Niepla.
The valley is closed off at the north and south by hills (312 to 316 meters above sea level); the lowest point is 284 meters. On the eastern side are wooded hills up to 381 meters containing a vast swell of water from the Wisloka and San.
In the village are a public school, water mill, local pauper's fund with a capital of 356 Rhemish zloties, 117 houses (4 on the largest estate) and 660 inhabitants, (654 Roman Catholic; 6 Jews.) The village belongs so the Roman Catholic parish in Leki.
The largest area owned by W. Petrowicz has 359 farms, 56 meadows, 22 pastures and 13 morgs of forest, the smallest area has 436 farms, 50 meadows, 74 pastures, and 24 morgs of forest. For a long time Przybowka was administered from the Kamieniec castle in Odrzkon and belonged to the Kamieniec family.
The area was divided up by the land court in Sanock on 26 January 1448 between Mikolaj, Marcin, and Henryk Kamieniec. Przybowka then, along with a part of Leki and some neighboring villages was left to Marcin.
Przybowka was long remembered with its borderr with Chrzastowka, the site of a Tyniec Abbey. According to a tax list in the year 1536, Marcin Kamieniec had 25 peasant farmers, paying a total of 16 grzywnas, the tavern earning 1-1/2 grzywnas.
The village consisted mainly of royal belongings, a mill, 4 pools, 40 courtyards, 26 cottages, 26 roosters and 2 hoofed animals. In 1581 it was listed under Kamieniec Frysztak tax animals. In 1581 it was listed under Kamieniec Frysztak tax list as having 20 peasant farmers on 5 estates, 2 large farms, 3 small farms and 1 lan of empty fields. It was bordered on the north by Widacz, on the east by Leki, the south by Chrzastowka and Wojaszowka and on the west by Niepla.
Source: Slownik Geograficzny translated by Michael Kurtin (This information was published between 1880 and 1902 and gives a view of this locality during that time frame). Photographs by James A. Derheim, European Focus Photography.